Purpose of the Job:
Design, build, deploy, and maintain the IT infrastructure using available and latest technology. Ensure availability and optimal performance of all the IT systems that support businesses to function efficiently. The person appointed to this position will report to the Infrastructure Manager.
A National Diploma in IT or Computer Systems or equivalent. A+ or N+ and MCSE or MCITP. Any other related course that could relate to VMWare (VCP), or Hyper-V. ITIL Foundation certification. Minimum 5 years of experience in maintaining and supporting the infrastructure systems and data center environment. Expert applied knowledge to manage and support of Microsoft server base operating system including Active Directory, Microsoft Azure Cloud, Microsoft Exchange server 2016/19 and Exchange online environment.
Key Performance Areas:
- Identify, analyse, troubleshoot, and resolve infrastructure problems affecting user’s ability to perform
- Manage ICT related datacenter infrastructures. (HQ, OPFA, Tribunal office and Disaster Recovery site)
- Install, configure, maintain, support and upgrade server hardware, storage hardware, tape libraries and other hardware in the datacentre environment and any other current or future infrastructure
- Create scalable virtual machines, implement storage solutions, configuration of virtual networking, back up and share data, that connect to the Microsoft Azure and on-premises sites
- Manage and deploy patch levels on software and roll ups of all firmware on hardware
- Install, configure, maintain, support and upgrade of Microsoft server base operating system including Active Directory and other platforms such as Linux that is used in the production, non-production (development and user acceptance testing), testing lab and disaster recovery environments
- Install, configure, maintain, support and upgrade file management platform (File server), Microsoft OneDrive and any other platforms
- Install, configure, maintain, support and upgrade of all communications and collaborations solutions such as Microsoft Exchange server 2016/19 and online, Microsoft Teams collaboration and phones, audio visual platforms and any other platforms that might be introduced in the environment in future. The platforms are used in the production, non-production, and disaster recovery environments
- Manage Microsoft Azure subscriptions and tenant including Microsoft Office365, OneDrive, SharePoint online and any other products including network traffic, implement Microsoft Azure Active Directory, secure identities, and monitor the services and support physical and virtual environments including Azure tenants and Azure Stack hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) for best performance
- Manage Commvault backup and archiving of systems and data
- Perform daily health checks on the production environments
- Configure, optimize, integrate, and automate alerts, events, management, and reporting tools for the management of the ITSM and monitoring services
- Develop and maintain Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) documentation and low-level configuration
- Create remediation plans for all system deployment and modifications and document them; and
- Coordinates with other Information Technology areas to resolve problems
Other Key Competencies:
The candidate must demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
Exceptional applied knowledge to manage, maintain, support, and upgrade: Infrastructure hardware, systems (Microsoft Windows operating system, Linux, and other products), storage management, backup and archive, LAN and WAN network and telecommunication (VOIP),communication and collaboration platforms, Microsoft System Center, F5 Equipment, CommVault, Datacentre facilities, Disaster Recovery (DR) services. Familiar with cloud solutions, virtualization software, Remain up to date with latest industry trends. ability to articulate trends clearly and confidently, good interpersonal skills and communication across all levels, ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently, ability to comfortably work under pressure, keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities and solid knowledge base.